Scope of the Policy
Booking, Check-In and Check-Out at our Boutique Hotel
1. The Purpose for Collecting Personal Data
Before, during and after your stay at our hotel, we will collect and process your Personal Data for the purposes of :
- registering your arrival and departure at the hotel;
- enabling you to reserve a room;
- verifying the availability of the hotel and to administer the booking;
- sending you a booking confirmation;
- sending you non-commercial pre-arrival emails. You may also unsubscribe from pre-arrival emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails sent to you.
- assigning you a key card to your room
- obtaining a credit card guarantee or hotel deposit to ensure payment of your stay;
- creating or updating your profile in our hotel management system;
- assessing your eligibility for a room upgrade and managing this if applicable;
- managing payment of your stay;
- establishing, printing or sending an invoice for your stay; In the event you have booked a room and fail to show up, without cancelling, on the date of arrival communicated, we will process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- cancelling your stay and
- managing, processing and setting any outstanding payment that may be due.
2. The Type of Data
First and Last Name, Title, Gender, Address, Date of arrival and departure, Email address, First name / Last name of adult co-guest(s), Payment card type, number and expiration date, Telephone/ Mobile number, Hotel stay history, Country of residence
3. Source of data
Depending on the booking mechanism used we acquire your personal data :
- Directly from you through the online booking form
- Through the online booking channel you used to make the booking
- From your travel agent
- From our call center
- Directly from you upon your arrival at our Boutique Hotel
4. Reason for processing
Processing is necessary to take steps to enter into and perform a contract.
5. Recipients of data
Your Personal Data may be received by one or more of the following recipients:
- The Ursulino Valletta Boutique Hotel
- IT service providers
- Email communications service provider
- Your travel agent, if applicable
6. Interrupted or Incomplete Online Booking Process
When you are booking online but for some reason you are not able to finalize the booking process, we process your Personal Data for the purpose of enabling you to easily continue the online booking process by sending you an email with a link to the online booking form, which is pre-filled on the basis of the data you had already provided in the form.
Newsletters and Marketing Communications
With your explicit consent, we may, from time to time, send you newsletters and/or marketing communications, and process your Personal Data for this purpose. We also provide you the possibility of unsubscribing from all newsletters and marketing communications. You may do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, every time you receive an e-mail, you will also be provided with the choice to opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails sent to you.
The type of data we process in this respect includes your First and Last name, Gender, Address, Date of birth, Email address, Telephone number, Hotel stay history, Country of residence.
This data is acquired directly from you when specifically consenting to receive our newsletters or marketing communications.
Your personal data may be received by IT service providers and Email communications service provider.
If you are in the EU there are certain specific rights that are applicable to you, as provided hereunder, which you can exercise for fee subject to certain exceptions as found in the General Data Protection Regulation. To this extent, you can file a request to exercise any of these rights via email at email@example.com.
1. Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data based on consent before its withdrawal.
2. Right to access your data
You have the right to access your personal data and can make such request verbally or in writing. We have one month to respond to such request and in most circumstances there is no additional fee in this regard. The period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
3. Right to rectify your data
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete and can make a request for rectification. We have one calendar month to respond to a request and in certain circumstances we can refuse a request for rectification. The period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
4. Right to erasure
5. Right to restriction or suppression of data
You have right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. When processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data, but not use it. We have one calendar month to respond to a request.
6. Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances including to stop your data from being used for direct marketing.
7. Right to data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the Personal Data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit this data to another service provider.
Processing of Children’s Data
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. In the event that the child is below the age of 16, we will only process their personal data if and to the extent that consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
Retention Period of Personal Data